After three very successful years, the Hughes Cookery Demonstration Theatre has also stepped up a gear, with some new faces being introduced for 2017. Show-goers can see the latest kitchen gadgets being used, and appreciate just how great they are - and how much they can help you!
The Cookery Live crew are producing the largest cookery theatre in the history of the HomeTech Show, and a host of celebrities and local chefs are demonstrating their culinary skills.
On Saturday, the winner of the 2016 Great British Bake Off, Candice Brown, is baking some sweet treats live at the show. Over the weekend, she is joined by MasterChef The Professionals contestant Jamie Mountford, paralympic gold medal winner, swimmer Jessica Jane Applegate from Great Yarmouth, and local award winning chef and business owner Andy Snowling.
And, joining the show for the first time to oversee all the chefs and talk through their demonstrations, is Sunday Brunch guest chef and award winning chef Charlie Hodson. A local man with a local heart, Charlie, also a Feast Norfolk columnist, is passionate about all things foodie but, more importantly, all things that are locally produced right here in the county.
Charlie is also joined by Coxfords of Aylsham who, with more than 50 years’ experience, will be teaching you everything you need to know about locally sourced meat with their butchery demonstration.
Once you have visited the Cookery Demonstration Theatre and whetted your appetite, why not visit the farmers’ market and sample some of the best local produce from the area’s finest producers? They include The Cheese and Pie Man, the Norfolk Sausage Company, Pasta Gusto, Carol’s Cakes and Buns, Kind Food and local brewery and winner of Best London Dry Gin in the World 2017, Bullards. All are handing out samples and selling their products so don’t miss out.
SATURDAY 21ST DEMOS
- 11.00 Celebrity Baker - Candice Brown
- 12.00 Little Norfolk Kitchen - Andy Snowling - Meat
- 13.00 Celebrity Baker - Candice Brown
- 14.00 Little Norfolk Kitchen – Andy Snowling - Fish
- 15.00 Celebrity Baker - Candice Brown
- 16.00 Taste Race - Jessica Jane Applegate MBE – Charlie & Jessica - Sausage Roll
SUNDAY 22ND DEMOS
- 11.00 Pumpkin Party – Sara by Nature – Halloween Theme – Vegan/Healthy/Allergy Free
- 12.00 Flavour Zone - Jamie Mountford Masterchef Professional - Meat
- 13.00 Meat Feast - Butchery & Cookery – Charlie, Andy & Coxford Butchers - Indoor BBQ
- 14.00 Flavour Zone - Jamie Mountford Masterchef Professional - Meat
- 15.00 Little Norfolk Kitchen - Andy Snowling - Fish & Dessert